Translate

Sunday, November 8, 2015

Shea Moisture Yucca & Plantain Anti-Breakage Strengthening Masque ~ Product Review!

Calling
All
Naturals
w/ Curls, Coils & Kinks


Imagine my surprise when I went to the wonderful Curlfriends hair event hosted by Jenell B.Stewart and this was one of the many products I received! When you think that you have tried all the SM hair masques and then you are presented with yet another masque to try it's such a wonderful treat!  I personally don't suffer from hair breakage but my hair definitely is frizz prone & I always strive to strengthen my hair. If you want to see how my hair performed with this masque by SM then definitely keep reading!

I love hair masques especially the ones that are created by Shea Moisture! This company usually doesn't let me down and I was itching to see if this masque would continue their huge success rate with my hair. Let me share with you the stats on this particular hair masque to better help you figure out if your hair would benefit from it. This masque is designed with curly girls who suffer from frizzy, split & breaking hair! This masque claims to moisturize, control & boost shine... every naturals dream right?! I would like to also point out that this masque is also sulfate free & color safe. The ingredients as always are a mighty factor & this masque contains Yucca Extract, Plantain Extract & Baobab Oil just to name a few. Although this masque was given to me it usually retails for about $11.99 and is sold at most beauty stores. If you are looking for an intensive treatment to deeply penetrate to condition and smooth frazzled strands with a nutrient rich fortifying formula then you might want to give this masque a try! 


 Shiny & Plump Curlssssssssssssss!
Wash day is here finally! I am as always excited to try another product and cross them off my list of products to try. As I open this jar the most therapeutic smell comes over me and it's quite hard to express into words to best describe this smell. It's super faint and reminds me of a mint-fruit tree perhaps but it's not strong or overpowering at all. Yum! The texture is super thick as I was able to lightly finger detangle. This masque glides quite nicely and once again I am more than pleased with the application and results so far. I wouldn't use this masque to help aid in detangling as it didn't have as much slip to knock out the tangles however I had just finished detangling so it wasn't high on my concern list. Once the masque was thoroughly applied and coated my entire head of hair I then proceeded to slap on my plastic cap and heat cap and let this masque penetrate deep into my hair strands for about 30 min. My mind quickly began to bounce from thought to thought... would this masque work well for my hair as all the other SM hair masques?


Close up view of my curls after using the masque

Well, 30 minutes have passed and my timer just went off - time to rinse out the masque and see my results! As I began to rinse out the masque with cold water (brrr) I noticed I had to rinse this masque out for several minutes due to the slippery coating this masque provided after letting it sit and marinate for some time. My hair felt so plump and soft! I love how this masque left my hair soft but not mushy strengthened but not super hard. My hair was happy and it felt so moisturized and I love the smell of this masque! I hadn't seen many reviews on this particular masque so I was even more curious if this masque deserved to slip through the cracks or was it a strong contender? More importantly did it earn its right to slid into my hair masque rotation?

So happy as I loved my final results!


YES! Let me rewind and highlight what this masque claims to do: transforms frizzy hair into sleek healthy strands, helps bind split ends, improves overall appearance of hair, boots shine, resist breakage, and strengthens hair strands. That is a mouth full of benefits and this masque delivered on everything! Plus with continue use of this masque I am sure I would see even more improvements to my tresses over time. My hair was left silky soft, strengthened, a lot less frizzy, sleeker, and my curls were super defined and moisturized! I don't quit know if I have been bitten by the SM bug or what but I am love with yet another hair masque. This masque simply worked and well! My hair said thank you and with continued use this masque and all other the masques that are a part of my hair regime my hair continues to thrive while being fed nurturing food. I guess I need to make room for this masque as it has squeezed its way into my hair stash! Have you tried this masque... did it make your cut?




KEY INGREDIENTS:
  • Yucca Extract
  • Shea Butter
  • Plantain Extract
  • Baobab Oil
  • Coconut Oil
  • Mango Seed Butter
  • Avocado Oil
  • Olive Oil




Power Thought - I personally don't suffer from hair breakage but my hair definitely is frizz prone & I always strive to strengthen my hair.



Today's Natural Hair Lingo
CAN = Calling All Naturals
SM = Shea Moisture
DC = Deep Conditioner

Weekly Natural Hair Care Deals
*$avings Alert*





A.Adams ~ Subscribe:Learn:Grow:Share
callingallnaturals.com






No comments:

Post a Comment