Translate

Wednesday, November 25, 2015

4 Powerful Ingredients - Skin, Body and Hair Winter Edition!

Photo Credit - examiner.com
Calling
All
Naturals
w/ Curls, Coils & Kinks



Are you interested at all in killing 3 birds with one stone?! I know I am and I think through trial and error mixed with some research I have found a simple way to do so effectively especially during these harsh winter months. When I began my natural hair journey who knew that I would learn so much more than just hair related information - it would open an entirely new world for me... ingredients! Although I am very familiar with the old saying "What we put into our bodies will come out" knowing and doing are two different things. After learning a host of benefits about the ingredients in most natural hair products; little did I know how interchangeable these ingredients were. As always these are my opinions based upon my research and personal experience; always if you are under doctor's care for a unique reason do your research for your particular condition and consult your doctor before use. What ingredients exactly? - I thought you'd never ask!


  • Coconut Oil can be used for...
Skin - One of my nightly pampers includes using a dab of this oil all over my body as a skin moisturizer. This oil deeply penetrates and moisturizes while protecting against environmental & free radical damage. Listen up ladies this oil also aids in helping with anti-aging, eczema & even provides some sun protection.

Body Health - They are a vast amounts of benefits this oil can do for your health. This powerful oil can be used for stress relief, weight loss, immunity booster, infections, digestion, diabetes and even heart health. Shall I continue? This oil when consumed orally is mighty powerful as it contains - antibacterial, anti-viral, anti-fungal, and anti-parasitic properties that help strengthen the immune system.

Hair - No secret that when it comes to my hair - this oil and my hair are in love. You only need a small amount and this oil can do wonders for your curls, coils and kinks. If your hair is nutrient deprived then look no further as this oil is packed with nutrients to heal and restore your hair. This oil will add protein, banish dandruff, conditions, and aids in hair growth. All fabulous reasons this is a staple oil of mine.

  • Aloe Vera Leaf Juice/Gel can be used for...
Skin - AVJ comes from such a versatile plant. This ingredient is fabulous for the skin. I use AVG daily as my face moisturizer. Aloe helps treat acne, eczema, cuts, burns, itchy skin, and dry skin. if you are looking for a great way to hydrate, moisturize, and rejuvenate the skin while increasing the elasticity of the skin then look no further this is it.

Body Health - Aloe can be used to soothe and cleanse the digestive tract and help improve digestion. When I was suffering from acne one of the many things that helped me was a tea where the base was Aloe - which helped aid me in better in digesting foods that my body needed help with. Aloe can also help keep a healthy intestinal flora in balance & remove toxins from the body which helps the elimination of waste from your body. 

Hair - I use both the gel & liquid formula of Aloe to help treat and condition my hair. Aloe helps aid in proper hair growth and soothes dry, itch scalp. If you need some amazing conditioning Aloe is perfect for your hair and scalp. I use AVJ in my DIY hair refresher and AVG as a part of my styling process of my hair routine. Both have transformed the state of my hair.

  • Apple Cider Vinegar can be used for...
Skin - ACV is very potent and powerful all in one. I add this ingredient to my weekly face masque and it has done wonders to help heal my skin. It's quite powerful so I only use a little as instructed and I don't use it too often as it will dry and can irritate the skin when used topically. ACV can be used topically on the skin to treat acne, rid warts, soothe bug bites, clears fungal bacterial rash, help tighten skin, natural toner, treats nail fungus, and helps remove acne scars. 

Body Health - I like to take add just a few drops of ACV to my water a few times a month for a host of reasons and benefits. ACV when you add it to a drink can prevent flu and stomach illness, dissolve kidney stones, regulates pH balance in the body, helps relieve nausea, helps relieve heart burn and chronic reflux, helps relieve asthma, helps relieve allergies, helps relieve gout, helps relieve, helps lower glucose levels in diabetes, weight loss, helps relieve sinus pressure and infection, lowers blood pressure, lowers cholesterol, and reduces inflammation & relieves arthritis. 

Hair - This is definitely on my virtual to do list of products to try on my hair! ACV is known to condition and detangle hair. Also while conducting some research learned that ACV will leave your hair super soft and shiny! A lot of naturals use this ingredient to clarify their hair as it is known to remove product build up.

  • Raw Honey is used for...
Skin - I don't know about you when I think of honey first thing I think about are those pesky bees! Little did I know that was only a small part of this versatile and unique ingredient. What can honey do for your skin? PLENTY! For starters raw honey is anti-viral, anti-aging, anti-fungal, and contains anti-bacterial properties. If you suffer with acne try washing your face with honey as it will leave your skin soft and clean and also small amounts can be placed on your blemishes for healing. 

Body Health - Raw honey is an alkaline-forming food that contains natural vitamins, enzymes, powerful antioxidants and other natural important nutrients. Raw honey will aid and promote body and digestive health and is a powerful antioxidants, strengthens the immune system, and eliminates allergies. Raw honey can treat the following conditions: stabilize blood pressure, balance sugar levels, relieve pain, calm nerves, treat ulcers, treat bronchitis, asthma, colds/coughs, morning sickness, and fertility issues.

Hair - I know you are thinking hair and honey? Sounds like a recipe for disaster. Well honey is a popular ingredient in many DIY hair masks and it's responsible for bringing life back to your hair. Raw honey is very moisturizing and will soften your hair making it a wonderful conditioner. Looking for an ingredient in your kitchen to provide your hair with exceptional shine - try Raw Honey!

I hope this breakdown gives you some food for thought! I am continuously learning but I wanted to share what I have learned thus far. We must try to take care of our bodies inside and out. Along with ingredients, knowledge and understanding can help us decipher the best choices for ourselves. Remember moderation is they key! 

 ~ Article was first published on blackhairinformation.com  ~

Power Thought - Although I am very familiar with the old saying "What we put into our bodies will come out" knowing and doing are two different things.


Today's Natural Hair Lingo
CAN = Calling All Naturals
EBW = EDEN BodyWorks
DC = Deep Conditioner
PR = Product Review

Weekly Natural Hair Care Deals
*$avings Alert*





A.Adams ~ Subscribe:Learn:Grow:Share
callingallnaturals.com










2 comments:

  1. Thank you for educating us. This information is very informative!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! It has been super fun learning myself.

      Delete