Translate

Sunday, November 29, 2015

One year Anniversary since my Big Chop! - Reflection & Pics...

Calling
All
Naturals
w/ Curls, Coils & Kinks


One year ago this month I began my daunting yet exciting natural hair journey... what a fabulous journey it has been! I didn't really know what to think as my flowing locks hit the floor that Big Chop day but one thing was very clear there was no turning back now. I am thrilled to report an entire year later I am loving my new natural hair & it was blindly one of the best decisions I have ever made. I not only chose to embrace my natural texture but decided to take the time to get better acquainted with my curls while having fun and experimenting. Our journeys in life are half what has been given to us and half what we choose to do with the rest of it - so I made an decision to enjoy my natural hair journey with a good attitude! I didn't blog very early on in my natural hair journey but nevertheless didn't stop me from taking pictures of my curls that were making their presence known. Would you join me as I stroll through memory lane?! Presenting my curls' former years.... ;)


I am not only truly blessed to make it a full year but I passed my first year natural with flying colors! It was filled with plenty of intimidating tasks and fabulous victories all in one making it one amazing journey. What once started off as a natural hair journey taught me so much more than just hair. What did it teach me? Everything - I learned not to only accept me in all true natural form but to not let the beauty of what others esteem greater than what I know to believe is beautiful. Beauty is derived in all shapes, sizes, colors and for me I aim to strive to be me and only the best me. We all have a story to tell and a path to walk and I am thankful as I walk this natural hair journey you will be with as my 2nd year continues... and with a bang!



Power Thought - Our journeys in life are half what has been given to us and half what we choose to do with the rest of it - so I made a decision to enjoy my natural hair journey with a good attitude! 



Today's Natural Hair Lingo
CAN = Calling All Naturals
BC = Big Chop
TWA = Teeny Weeny Afro



Weekly Natural Hair Care Deals
*$avings Alert*

CVS - Select Shea Moisture or Nubian Heritage BOGO 50% off - 11/29 - 12/5


Sally's Beauty Supply - Holiday Sale


Hydratherma Naturals Cyber Monday Sale - 25% off - Ends 12/1





A.Adams ~ Subscribe:Learn:Grow:Share
callingallnaturals.com


No comments:

Post a Comment