Translate

Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Shea Moisture Jamaican Black Castor Oil Conditioner ~ Product Review!

Calling
All
Naturals
w/ Curls, Coils & Kinks


Well, I am sure you are aware by now that I absolutely love the Shea Moisture Jamaican Black Castor Oil line or should I say my hair does! I really had no real intentions on trying this conditioner initially but I was given this product at a natural hair event and instantly this product rose to the top of my must try product list. I have heard reviews that SM conditioners aren't dripping with enough slip so I thought this would be the perfect time to test that theory out for myself. My hair not only craves love and attention but thrives best with conditioners with tons of slip. Would this conditioner just slip through the cracks or surprise me as powerhouse to handle my delicate tresses? 



Close up view of my results

As I have been re-learning my natural hair one thing became instantly clear natural hair adores conditioners. It may take you some time to find one that works best for your curls, coils or kinks but there are tons of options out there so no excuse. A few statics about this conditioner is it's packaged in a 13 fl. oz. pump bottle and retails for about $10.99 - sold almost everywhere beauty products are sold. This conditioner packs a powerful punch of ingredients such as Organic Shea Butter, Jamaican Black Castor Oil, and Peppermint just to highlight a few. This lightweight conditioner claims to detangle and restore moisture without weighing the hair down. If you are looking to strengthen your damaged hair, repair brittle hair, reduce the appearance of breakage and shedding while promoting hair growth then this conditioner claims this would be perfect for you. Another bonus about this product line is whether you color your hair often, straighten your hair, or perm your hair this product line would be beneficial to you. Will my hair look shiny and rejuvenated after I use this conditioner? I think I will let you be the judge. ;)


Another view of my results


The moment you have been waiting for - wash day! I just finished co-washing with my new Shea Moisture co-wash and now it's time to put this conditioner to the test. If you are familiar with this line at all then it will come as no surprise to you that this conditioner smells and looks just like all the other products in this line. If you aren't familiar with this line at all the smell resembles playdough and the look of it is a light brown color that reminds me of peanut butter. Don't worry this conditioner does not feel like peanut butter as it has a very light creamy consistency. As I rub the product all over my hair I notice the amount of slip and how this conditioner when applied to my hair almost seems to sink and vanish into each hair strand. It doesn't have a ton of slip but I was pleasantly surprised at how well it detangled my hair nevertheless! This conditioner felt creamy and moisturizing to the touch. I coated my hair pretty well and began detangling my hair a lot easier than I thought I would be able to. Would that be enough to get on my staple list?


Another view of my results


Detangling hair is always a tricky part of any naturals hair routine but this product made things so much easier for me. I took my time worked in sections and proceeded to wrap up the detangling portion of my hair wash. This conditioner after detangling felt so soft in my hair but not too soft and melted in my hair like butter. As I then proceeded to wash out the conditioner my hair was greeted with oh so defined curls and my hair was very supple and very shiny! This conditioner also rinsed out very easily with little to no manipulation. I loved how this conditioner came in a pump bottle which worked perfectly while using this conditioner in the shower. What were my final thoughts about this conditioner and would I ever use it again?


Arial view of my happy curls!


Absolutely yes! My hair is super challenging to detangle mainly due to the fact my hair is made up of small corkscrew tight curls and it takes a product with tons of slip to help guide my comb through. I was quite surprised at how effective this product helped detangle my hair as it lacks tons of slip. As you can see it didn't matter in the end as this conditioner left my hair soft, shiny, super defined, strengthened, supple, bouncy and full of moisture. Although I have my staple conditioner I could possible mix this one with my staple and have ultimate success! This conditioner definitely will get added to the rotation as a backup contender. I was not only very pleased with the results and loved my final results that I would highly recommend this product to any natural with thirsty curls, coils and kinks. Is that you? Do you have a staple conditioner?!


Loving the results can you tell?! 


KEY INGREDIENTS:
  • Jamaican Black Castor Oil
  • Organic Shea Butter
  • Peppermint
  • Keratin
  • Coconut Oil
  • Jojoba Oil
  • Aloe Vera Leaf Juice



Power Thought - As I have been re-learning my natural hair one thing became instantly clear natural hair adores conditioners. 


Today's Natural Hair Lingo
CAN = Calling All Naturals
SM = Shea Moisture
DC = Deep Conditioner

Weekly Natural Hair Care Deals
*$avings Alert*

Sally's Beauty Supply - November Sale

Ulta - Shea Moisture Profession & Shea Moisture Hair care - BOGO 50% off

Houston Chronicle Paper - Any Shea Moisture Product (Excludes Bar soaps, Body Wash, Body Lotion) - $2.00 off & Any Shea Moisture Hair Care Product (excludes travel size items) - $2.00 off!





A.Adams ~ Subscribe:Learn:Grow:Share
callingallnaturals.com






2 comments:

  1. I love this conditioner as well. I wasn't going to try it at first but since I love the masque, I decided to buy it.

    ReplyDelete