Translate

Sunday, December 13, 2015

Shea Moisture Jamaican Black Castor Oil Strengthen, Grow & Restore Shampoo ~ Product Review!

Calling
All
Naturals
w/ Curls, Coils & Kinks


I know what you are thinking... is she really about to try a shampoo after creating her own DIY shampoo?! YES! If you haven't learned by now I don't like anything going to waste and since this was given to me I definitely wasn't going to pass up the opportunity to try this popular shampoo. Although I don't shampoo weekly I do think it is important to clarify your hair as often as your texture and scalp needs to be cleansed. There is a huge debate over to shampoo or not... how often... the debates go on and on. I like to try to keep it simple and suggest doing what's best for your curls, coils and kinks. Would I be disappointed by this shampoo or will it in the end live up to all the hype? I don't know about you but I was excited to see if this shampoo could hang with my DIY?! 


Close up view of my happy curls in my crown area

Overjoyed as it happens to be one month exactly since my last shampoo so... perfect time to test out this popular shampoo. If you aren't too familiar with this shampoo let me break the details down for you! First let me say from personal experience that my hair has loved EVERY product from this line thus far - so this product has to keep up the winning streak. This shampoo is designed to clarify, nourish and grow your hair no matter if you are natural, chemically processed, color treated or have heat styled hair. This products has a host of benefits including: removes buildup, infusing hair with moisture, promote growth, reduce the appearance of breakage and shedding, balances pH levels on the scalp, while softening the hair. WOW! The ingredients as always in true Shea Moisture form never disappoint as this shampoo is loaded with Organic Shea Butter, Jamaican Black Castor Oil, and Apple Cider Vinegar just to name a few. This shampoo is packaged in a 16.3 fl. oz. bottle for easy access and retails for about $10.99 as prices do vary as this product is sold at most beauty supply stores. Now, that we covered that let's get to the results! 


Another view


As I grabbed for the shampoo I gave this bottle a good shake and then proceeded to apply this product all over my scalp. The smell of this shampoo did not remind me of the rest of this product line as this product was more of a nutty buttery clinical smell. It wasn't bad at all but wasn't my favorite either but it was light and not overpowering. As the shampoo began to hit my scalp instantly I felt my scalp being more refreshed and clean. It didn't take much of this shampoo to effectively coat my hair. As I began to clean my scalp my hair felt to soft and my curls already began to form and pop! This shampoo did not create any hard cast on my hair, nor did it dry my hair out or left my hair a tangle mess - wow! The best way to describe this gentle shampoo is that is felt more like a co-wash on steroids that created buttery suds. I was very impressed at how moisturized my hair and scalp felt and how clean my hair felt afterwards without any stripping or dry feeling. This shampoo washed out super easily as my hair was left oh so soft, pampered and cleaned. My hair is in love you guys! 


Full back view


Who knew that this shampoo would perform such fabulous results! I have heard how wonderful this shampoo was but knowing and an actually experiencing it clearly are two different things. The aftermath of using this shampoo was beyond my expectations and gave me back hope in using shampoo. The final results actually speak for themselves but so that I don't leave anything to the imagination this shampoo left my hair: soft, moisturized, super clean, tangle free, shiny, strengthened, super defined, and nourished. I loved what this product did for my hair & more importantly the results after I washed this product out. I would highly recommend this shampoo to any natural who is looking for a gentle yet effective shampoo and haven't had much success with shampoos. I still only plan to shampoo my hair only once a month however its nice to have alternatives to your staple products. This shampoo will get added into rotation and I think it's here to stay! Time will tell as I am sure with continued use my hair will reap even more of the benefits of the shampoo. I hope to encourage you to check your shampoo stash and don't settle for anything less than the best for your curls, coils and kinks! Have you shampooed lately?! 


Full face view



Pure Happiness! 
KEY INGREDIENTS:
  • Organic Shea Butter
  • Jamaican Black Castor Oil 
  • Apple Cider Vinegar
  • Rosemary Leaf Oil
  • Aloe Leaf Juice



Power Thought - I have heard how wonderful this shampoo was but knowing and an actually experiencing it clearly are two different things.


Today's Natural Hair Lingo
CAN = Calling All Naturals
SM = Shea Moisture
Co-wash = Cleansing Conditioner

Weekly Natural Hair Care Deals
*$avings Alert*




A.Adams ~ Subscribe:Learn:Grow:Share







No comments:

Post a Comment