Translate

Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Co-wash Cleansing Conditioner ~ Product Review!

Calling
All
Naturals
w/ Curls, Coils & Kinks


I have FINALLY been able to review this co-wash from Shea Moisture! There are so many products I have been itching to get my hands on and this one was given to me at a hair event so I was beyond ecstatic to try this co-wash as I am huge fan of SM products. I have heard overall very great reviews about this famous co-wash but as everyone knows what works for one may or may not work for another so... I had to try it out for myself to see if my tight coils loved this co-wash or not. As of yet I haven't tried a co-wash that my hair didn't embrace so was this one going to join the ranks of the others or be gifted to someone else? If you have been as curious as I am about this co-wash and its effective ranking against my hair then keep reading. ;)

Close up results - curls are so happy


I am still in awe that I actually received this particular product as it was on my virtual list of products to try and I am oh so curious how well it works! If you aren't already familiar with this popular co-wash then it would be my pleasure to give you a crash course on the statistics. This co-wash comes in a 8 fl. oz. bottle as seen in the above picture and retails for around $11.99 so its at a happy medium price range in my opinion. This product is sulfate free/color safe and is designed for thick curly hair - and my hair is super thick! This conditioning cleanser claims to remove impurities without stripping hair of natural oils. Lightweight moisturizers soften and control frizz in one easy step while leaving curls vibrantly bouncy. When you think it couldn't get any better this product claims to be anti-frizz, add moisture and provide exceptional shine! As far as the ingredients this co-washed is packed with many vital nutrients and I wouldn't be doing my job if I didn't highlight a few - Coconut Oil, Neem Oil, & Shea Butter. Do you think you could get down with those ingredients I know I CAN


Another view of my results


So excited as wash day has begun! As I opened the bottle I didn't have any problems with any product spilling due to its packaging and as the product hit my hand it felt oh so creamy to the touch. The consistency kind of reminded me of Shea Moisture lotions thick and creamy. As far as the smell surprisingly it smells exactly as the name of this product coconuts & hibiscus - very light and airy - yum! I proceeded to work the co-wash all over my hair as it spread around very easily and coated my hair very nicely. I don't think it was super packed with slip however it had enough slip where I was able to lightly finger detangle my hair which I was very pleased with. Although this co-wash was initially thick as it hit my scalp it melted very nicely and was very lightweight. When trying out a new co-wash for the first time I like to leave it on a little longer ensuring that I effectively clean my scalp and work the product all over. I was boiling with anticipation to see how well this will leave my hair and scalp! As I rinsed out this co-wash my hair felt oh so soft but not too soft and it actually felt strengthened. This product rinsed out pretty easily and left my hair nicely clumped & frizz free! Now - no natural is ever 100% frizz free but it was pretty darn close! So, did this co-wash deliver on everything that is claimed it could do for our curls, coils and kinks?


Full back hair view - curls are thanking me! lol


This co-wash claims that it would cleanse my scalp of impurities without stripping my hair,  leave my hair frizz free, moisturizes, provides shine, while leaving my curls vibrant & bouncy - and it definitely did that! I really loved the results of this co-wash and was pleasantly surprised at how well it tackled my frizz and left it senseless! This co-wash left my hair very shiny, scalp cleaned, curls defined, frizz free, moisturized, strengthened, and prepared beautifully for styling. The smell of this product left my hair with a very light scent that lingered nicely. I was overall very impressed with this co-wash & yes ladies it will get added into rotation. One observation I wanted to point out was that I used a lot more product than I would normally use when I co-washed with this cleanser. Now, I am don't know if the reason I used more product was because I was over compensating as I didn't know how much of this product it would take to effectively clean my hair or this product goes a lot faster than others. Besides that I was super excited that I was able to finally to try this product and had much success with it. You never know about products until you try and as you all know when you do that you will lose some and win some... glad this product was a WINNER for me! Have you tried this co-wash? Do you have staple co-washes? Do tell... ;)


Love my final results!


KEY INGREDIENTS:
  • Shea Butter
  • Coconut Oil
  • Neem Oil 
  • Silk Protein
  • Mango Seed Butter
  • Olive Oil




Power Thought - You never know about products until you try and as you all know when you do that you will lose some and win some... glad this product was a WINNER for me! 



Today's Natural Hair Lingo
CAN = Calling All Naturals
SM = Shea Moisture
Co-wash = Cleansing Conditioner
DC = Deep Conditioner






A.Adams ~ Subscribe:Learn:Grow:Share














No comments:

Post a Comment