Translate

Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Hot Oil Treatment (HOT) - My old faithful hair remedy... A MUST try!

Calling
All
Naturals
w/ Curls, Coils & Kinks

When I first conducted my big chop I was on the search for the best way to give my thirsty curls life and make my curls pop naturally!  I found this with my wonderful oil treatments which was highly beneficial since I BC during winter time.  This treatment not only gave life back to my hair but made my first few months with my new BC cut so much easier to manage. Initially I would give myself a hot oil treatment every week to help restore and treat my parched fresh new curls... once I felt my hair was happy, moisturized, and nourished I then decreased my HOT to once a month.  As always you must do what's best for you and whatever condition your hair is in and where you are currently with your natural hair journey. It's been a few months since I have given myself this vital treatment so I thought this would be a perfect time to discuss & show you my results. ;)


What are the benefits of hot oil treatments?  A more fitting question would be what doesn't this treatment do for our curls, coils & kinks?!  


The benefits are: 
  • Soft & moisturized curls, coils & kinks
  • Frizz Buster
  • Aids in easier detangling
  • Shine, Shine, and more shine... let is shine!
  • With added heat allows the oils to deeply penetrate the hair shaft
  • Nourishes your dry & itchy scalp
  • Strengthens hair & prevents breakage
  • Mend split ends
  • Promotes growth
  • Will aid in keeping your moisture balance in check
  • Beautiful supple and juicy curls, coils and kinks

Just as promised: soft, plump & shiny curls after using the HOT ;)

I know you probably want to run & go get started but WAIT... let's finish up here first! (lol) How do I apply my HOT?  I personally like to apply my HOT as some may see similar to a pre-poo treatment.  Which basically means I am applying this treatment prior to washing my hair.  Once I started to develop a routine with my hair I only used an HOT once a month when I actually cleansed my hair with shampoo which is once month as well.  Make sense?  No worries let me break it down even further. I believe healthy hair practices shouldn't be too challenging and simple yet effective.


Wash day order w/ my Hot Oil Treatment:
  • Dampen hair a little w/ water or water mix spray
  • Add HOT(hot oil treatment) w/heat (30 minutes) Pre-poo treatment
  • Co-wash or shampoo
  • Conditioner & detangle
  • Deep Conditioner
  • Style

That's it! Simple right?  Well once you see the results it's all worth it trust me.  I like to use this HOT that I found at Sally's Beauty Supply store that I always to manage to snag for only .99!  At this stage of my journey one bottle is plenty enough to coat my entire head; however at the price I usually snag me a few of these.  So not only are hot oil treatments simple but very affordable.  Not to mention this is the HOT I use but there are so many out there you can use.  I know people who mix and make their own HOT & people who just like to stick to oils that best suits their hair texture.  I personally like the olive oil formula for my hair.

Another view
Olive Oil benefits:
  • Strengthens 
  • Conditions & nourishes
  • Promotes growth
  • Penetrating oil
  • Anti- bacterial
  • Improves hair elasticity



My hair has definitely missed this treatment and I very excited to incorporate this treatment back into my hair regime.  The instructions are located on the backside of the bottle and are super simple.  All you need to do is add water to a bowl (microwave safe) and heat water until it's pretty hot.  Be careful as you take the bowl out and just add the HOT bottle to the water for 1 minute. Cut the tip and apply a little to your hand to make sure its not too hot then apply all over your damp hair for even distribution.  Done!  Super simple and a lifesaver. The directions say to leave it on for 3 minutes but I like to apply my plastic cap along with my heating cap and sit for 30 minutes!  The choice is yours. I absolutely love my results when using my HOT treatment; how I have gone this long without it will never know! 


Another view of my tight moisturized curls


I do hope you give this treatment a try and incorporate this into your natural hair regime.  I found it to be so beneficial especially in the beginning of my natural hair journey. This treatment definitely set me on a good path and if your hair has been living in the land of the dry... trust me this will bring you back to the land flowing with oils, moisture and exceptional shine! ;) 


Another view: My hair & I are super thrilled w/ the results can you tell?!



Power Thought -I believe healthy hair practices shouldn't be too challenging and simple yet effective.


Today's Natural Hair Lingo
TWA =Teeny Weenie Afro
BC= Big Chop
DC = Deep Conditioner
Slip = How well a product aids with detangling/combing*Lifesaver*
Co-Wash = Cleansing conditioner
Pre-Poo = Usually an oil treatment applied to the hair prior to shampooing or conditioning 
CAN = Calling All Naturals
HOT = Hot oil treatment

Weekly Natural Hair Care Deals
*$avings Alert*





A.Adams ~ Subscribe:Learn:Grow:Share
callingallnaturals.com

No comments:

Post a Comment