Translate

Sunday, October 4, 2015

As I Am Co-wash (revisit) ~ Product Review!

Calling
All
Naturals
w/ Curls, Coils & Kinks


This was my go to co-wash when I first conducted my Big Chop and it stayed in my stash until a few months ago. Over the past few months I must admit I have bounced around the co-wash block a bit and haven't used this co-wash in a few months. Although I have always remained to speak highly of this co-wash and even recommend it to others why I completely let it go I am not too sure. Good news is you can always pick up where you last left off! This review is based upon my personal experience with my natural hair. Let's take a closer at this popular co-wash!

Close up view of my curls
Off to Target I went to go find me a new co-wash to review since I was almost out. Imagine my surprise when I saw my trusted As I am Co-wash there for only $3.98! I don't know if every Target carries it at this price or what was going on as it didn't state it was on sale. All I know is for $3.98 I was grabbing me a few jars of this co-wash and ran home before they told me the price was a mix up. Upon checkout even the cashier said, "I have never seen this product that cheap." I would strongly suggest you go check your local Target and snag you a few up before word really gets out. When I arrived home I was so happy to revisit this co-wash as I recalled only positive things about it.  When you try so many products sometimes it is hard to recall why exactly you loved a certain product. Thank God wash day was right around the corner so I could put this co-wash to the test again!


Another view


This co-wash comes in a 16 fl. oz. jar and you can literally find it almost everywhere natural hair care is sold.  As you know I paid $3.98 (on 9/18/15) but it normally retails at most stores for $7.99 so either way super affordable. This product claims to gently remove product residue & preserve moisture while promoting healthy hair growth.  This product also claims that detangling is a breeze and is safe for color treated hair. Ahhh... I knew there was a reason I loved this product! The ingredients are quite delicious as well... some including coconut oil, castor oil, & tangerine. Yum!! I don't know about you but my hair loves those ingredients and best thrives off them.  

Another view of As I am co-wash results

Wash day is here!  I must say I was very excited to revisit my once favorite co-wash & see why I loved it so much. It was time to wash my hair as I reached for my co-wash jar.  I would like to point out at one time I didn't like the fact that this product was housed in a jar but now that we have a cool shower organizer I don't have to worry so much about the product spilling so easily. I always have loved this smell of this co-wash... reminds me of coconuts and citrus smell which is very light and airy. The consistency of this co-wash is light yet not watery and super easy to apply all over my scalp.  I was able to easily distribute enough product to effectively cleanse my scalp without making to much of a dent in my product... less product I have to use the longer it was last. A little definitely goes a long ways with this product and I have super thick hair. Did this product do it for me the second time around?

Full face view of As I am co-wash results ;)

Once I had enough co-wash to coat my hair to my liking I began to clean and lightly detangle my hair and with such ease.  This co-wash not only cleansed my scalp with very little effort on my part but detangled my hair wonderfully!  For my tight curls detangling is a huge part of if I will use a product again.  After a few minutes I then started washing out my co-wash and it rinsed out super easily. This co-wash definitely brought back so many good memories & aced everything it claimed to do!  Afterwards my hair felt so clean and moisturized at the same time.  I love when you wash your hair and it gets rid of all the junk while allowing your naturals oils to remain in tack.  This is a very popular co-wash by many naturals with different curls, coils & kinks and I definitely can see why.  Should I keep it in my co-wash rotation?

Another view: Loving my results!

Yasss... I love this co-wash!  I will keep it in my favorites stash.  I love how my hair felt clean, moisturized, shiny, strengthened, soft, detangled and happy all in one! That is hard to find with products so I tend hold on to gems that work best for my hair texture.  I would strongly suggest if you haven't tried this co-wash go give it a try as it has made its stamp of approval in my natural hair product stash and many others. So glad I took the time to revisit my old faithful as it reminded me that sometimes sticking with basics can still work well as your natural hair journey progresses. What are your favorite co-washes?! Would love some ideas on what to try next. ;) 


KEY INGREDIENTS:
  • Tangerine
  • Coconut Oil
  • Castor Oil
  • Phytosterols
  • Saw Palmetto



Power Thought - Good news is you can always pick up where you last left off! 


Today's Natural Hair Lingo
CAN = Calling All Naturals
BC = Big Chop
Co-wash = Cleansing conditioner

Weekly Natural Hair Care Deals
*$avings Alert*

Sally's Beauty Supply - B2GO free on select natural hair care - Ends 10/31


Lots of awesome deals -great time to stock up. Enjoy! 




A.Adams ~ Subscribe:Learn:Grow:Share
callingallnaturals.com



2 comments: